If you know me, you know I'm a total sentimental sap. I cry over reality TV shows, I hoard any object my daughter ever touched (oh yes, this one is already turning out to be a BAD habit), and I frequently reminisce about seemingly inocous events of my childhood that, in retrospect, make me very, very happy.
One such reflection... the movie Now and Then. It is such a sweet movie about childhood friendship, and if you are a girl* between the ages of, say, 23 - 32 who attended a sleepover, you too have likely watched this movie. I cannot even count the number of times I have seen it. I know we watched it at my friend Laura's house at least a half-dozen times, and I do believe my sister also became infatuated, which would mean we also had it on VHS and likely watched until the tape gave out. *or perhaps 'guy,' don't want to suggest you missed this fabulous pre-teen 'classic.'
image courtesy imdb.com
Normally I'd say, 'if you haven't seen it, rent it immediately.' But I don't even know if the movie would still resonate today as it would with your younger self (that and I don't think modern-Rosie contains nearly the same appeal as her 1995-self did). But I do hope that you have seen it, and have similar happy memories of it.
Cutting to the chase (yes, I'll admit, if you know me you also know that I r.a.m.b.l.e., but I always mean well)......
Now and Then
The idea of considering where you are now, and reflecting on where you were then.
I mean, come on, a concept perfect for a sap such as myself!
Abby, that^^ cannot possibly be your final point? Correct, dear reader, I'm getting there.
One question I see repeated time and again on the cloth diaper forums... 'why did you switch to cloth?' or 'what was your first diaper?' or other such musing asking for responders to reflect on their cloth diapering roots. And I want to ask you to do the same thing (well, sort of)!
Now and Then at Itsy Bitsy Bums
Monday (5/9) - Sunday (5/15)
Because it is fun, and of course there is swag
No purchase necessary!
There are two ways to participate:
1. Post photos on Facebook - show us your 'Then' and your 'Now'
2. Comment on this post - tell us your 'Then' and your 'Now'
Get creative with your 'Then' and 'Now.'
It just must be cloth diapering-related (well, that and it cannot be indecent).
- first stash shot | current stash shot
- first cloth diaper on the bum | latest cloth diaper on the bum
- first fluffy mail | most recent fluffy mail
- first attempt at a Snappi and prefold | current Snapping prowess
- first cloth diaper fail | latest cloth diaper fail
- and the ideas go on and on!
Next Monday, 5/16, I'll draw for two winners.
Grand Prize: $50 IBB Gift Certificate
First Prize: To be Announced Thursday 5/12 (I promise there are *multiple* diapers involved!)
To celebrate 'Now and Then' there will be two fabulous sale offers good Thursday - Sunday (5/12 - 5/15). These sales will be announced Thursday morning.
- All entries posted Monday (5/9) - Sunday (5/15) will be entered in the 'hat.'
- No limit to the number of entries per person.
- Facebook entries
- Each photo pair posted on Facebook constitutes an entry.
- No need to comment here, I'll keep track of the Facebook posts.
- Please label your Facebook entry 'Now and Then' and comment on at least one of the photos the theme or subject that ties them together.
- Bitsy Buzz entries
- Each comment on this post constitutes an entry.
- Please do not replicate your entries - if you post a photo pair on Facebook do not then comment here regarding the same subject.
- The I-have-to-get-mean rule: if you are posting ridiculous nonsense on this thread or Facebook simply to up your entry count, it will be deleted without warning.
- Winners to be announced Monday, 5/16, on Facebook and Bitsy Buzz. Winners must be in touch within 24 hours to claim their prizes.
- Prizes: The Grand Prize ($50 Gift Certificate) will be issued 5/16, and must be redeemed by 5/21. The First Prize (diapers!) will be mailed to winner within 24 hours of being claimed.