What exactly does a sales associate at IBB do? One thing about small business and retail, each day will be different than the last!
The store is currently open:
And we are looking to expand to Fridays 10-4.
Expected Duties To Include:
- receiving, sorting, pricing and shelving new inventory
- light cleaning (you would not believe the amount of lint a gillion pounds of cotton products will generate on a daily basis)
- educating, educating, educating (cloth diapers, baby carriers, natural family products - all require a level of understanding, and it would be your job to help teach, in a succinct and understandable manner, just how these products function in a family's day-to-day life)
- packing up online orders
- ringing up customers
- merchandising the windows and in-store displays
- executing opening and closing checklists
- reorganizing after a whirlwind of toddlerdom ransacks the bottom two shelves
- assisting with inventory audits
- making goggly eyes at new babies
- ten to twenty hours per week
- shift lengths vary from four to six hours
- must be able to lift 40lbs
- Saturday availability preferred but not required (would be on our call-in list for sick call-ins and such)
- to start immediately upon hire
All applications must be received by Thursday, Aug 29th.
Experience with cloth diapers and babywearing much preferred but not necessarily required. We are looking for intelligent, outgoing, self-motivated folks who will fit in well with our store (case and point - late on a Thursday you might find us weighing a Chipotle burrito to see if it would ship first class or priority, if one were to ship a burrito).
- Please send a cover letter and resume to me at itsybitsybums at aol dot com
- Not sure what to include in your cover letter? Here's an outline of questions we lovvveeee to ask:
- At IBB we are a small family business, and see our employees as an extension of this family. We want the dynamic to be fantastic for everyone! Why do you want to work for us, and what makes you a good fit?
- With the prevelance of big-box stores carrying cloth diapers and baby carriers, how do small stores such as IBB compete? And, by extension, what does the phrase 'shop local' mean to you? AND, do you shop with us? Have we met you?
- Many of our customer interaction is focused on education, as most of the items we carry in the store are a brand new foray for the families who come in, and will require some 101. What past experience - personal or professional - has prepared you well for this education component?
- Which of our products are your personal favorites?
- Anything else we should know about you?
- Please be sure to also include availability, total hours desired and wage requirements in your cover letter