10/01/2010

Welcome to the WAHMlight Nacho Dipes!

Without further adieu, please join me in welcoming Nacho Dipes to the WAHMlight! I think I've known Amanda (or 'Nacho Amanda' as I know her in my head) for practically as long as I've been cloth diapering, and I'm excited to bring IBB and Nacho together!

Happy October WAHMlight party people! 

ps. Want to win $10 towards a future IBB purchase? Details following the interview. 
Itsy Bitsy Bums: Please tell us about yourself - your family, your likes, your dislikes.
Nacho Dipes: Hello everyone! I am excited to be offering Nacho Dipes with IBB this month. A little about me - My name is Amanda and if I have a title it is first and foremost mama to my sweet little man Thane. I am a single mom, and I work outside of the home as an accountant for a health care services company by day (Specialty Care if you are interested), and then I come home and do the mommy job for a couple of hours until my son’s bed time around 7:30. Then I try to head off into the sewing room and get to doing what I love.


IBB: When did you start making diapers?
ND: A little backstory-- I taught myself to sew when I found out I was pregnant with Thane. I wanted to make him a quilt for his room. Let’s just say I ended up with a botched Christmas quilt that will serve as a tree skirt—don’t ask how those two things are related because I am not even sure!

I moved on to a more manageable first project- making wipes and pocket inserts. That lead into making fitteds and fleece for my son and a few friends. I kept getting requests for items, and Nacho Dipes was born. I started selling diapers under the Nacho Dipes name in August of 2009, and opened my Hyenacart in October of 2009.


IBB: Where did you find the inspiration for the name of your diapers?
ND: It was a suggestion from some of the mamas I was chatting with on Babycenter. My screen name includes 'nacho' in it, and many of the mamas referred to the diapers as nacho's diapers so it just kind of stuck.
 
IBB: Nacho Dipes's logo recently saw a facelift. Can you share your ideas behind the changes?
ND: It started with the website redo. I was using one of the plain canned templates provided by Hyenacart, and I wanted to spice it up a bit. I love fall and the west, so the colors were inspired by those two things. The mama behind QuasiCo did a great job in designing something that really captured my inspiration. The new logo is a very similar version to the old logo. He got a little face lift (literally) to make it a little more generic and to incorporate the new color scheme. There are plans in the future to incorporate other children’s items (clothing, blankets, etc), and I think this image will work for the diapers as well as the other products.


IBB: Besides diapers, what other products does Nacho make?
ND: I have recently started making loveys and toddler blankets. Again, that has spawned from making something for my son. I really like the finished product ,and he loved his blanket, so I wanted to offer those to others. Nacho Dipes offers wool interlock and recycled wool from time to time. I also make (typically as custom orders) raglans and other appliquéd shirts. 

where the action happens!

IBB: Where do you like to picture your brand in, say, one year? Five years?
ND: In one year I hope to still be growing my customer base, and making a quality fitted and [All-in-Two] diaper. My goal is to have my diapers carried in two or three retailers by this point. I have just finalized my first contract with a local retailer, and hope to use that as a stepping stone to others. 

In five years I plan to be Nacho Dipes full time! I hope to have reached retailers in other states as well as online that will be offering Nacho Dipes in their stores. My goal would be ten retailers [by] this point. I also hope to have incorporated a children’s clothing line that will offer cloth-diaper-friendly clothing that could be sold as sets with matching diapers or as stand-alone items. Big goals?? Eh-I say you can do anything you set out to achieve as long as you have a plan and put in the effort.

IBB: What is your favorite fabric currently stocked at IBB?
ND: The cowboys fabric of course! My son’s room is decorated in a classic western theme, and that was some fabric I bought with the intention of making him a diaper as well!


IBB: Anything else WAHMlight readers should know about you?
An interesting fact that some of you may know, but most may not, is that I used to live and work on the largest cattle ranch in the US. It was the largest based on animal production not land mass—although it did cover 300,000 acres! I loved it. Even if I only got to stay a couple of years I lived my dream. My son was born there, and I have some very fond memories of the place. 


Now that you've gotten to know more about Nacho Amanda, time to get your stalking caps on... as USPS has decided to hold the diapers hostage somewhere east of the Mississippi. Just as soon as I get my mitts on these beauties they will be stocked at IBB - stocking to be announced both on Bitzy Buzz and Facebook. Stay tuned! 


Interested in winning $10? Thought so! Here's how - 
  • Post a picture of your little one wearing your favorite Nacho Dipes diaper to the IBB Facebook page
  • All entries must be posted by October 31st
  • Feel free to post as many photographs as you'd like
  • I will select a winner no later than November 2nd
  • Winner will be announced both on the IBB Facebook page as well as on this very blog
  • Any and all photographs you post must be your original artwork and, by posting, you agree I can use the winning photograph for my blog or website

No comments:

Post a Comment