8/01/2010

WAHMlight

You've heard of the spotlight, you've heard of the limelight, but have you heard of the WAHMlight? 

Every month at Itsy Bitsy Bums you will find one fantastic lady in the WAHMlight. Get to know her through interviews, behind-the-seams photos and super special access to her diapers. AND, if that wasn't exciting enough, how about winning one of her fabulous creations? 

That's right, you heard it here first. Upload your favorite photo of your darling little one sporting the WAHMlight brand of the month to be entered to win (see details at the end of the interview). 

So, without further ado, please join me in welcoming Cow Patties Cloth Diapers to the WAHMlight!

  

Itsy Bitsy Bums: Tell us about yourself - your family, your likes, your dislikes. 
Cow Patties Cloth Diapers: I'm Megan, 26, married to S. for 4 1/2 years and mama to H. (almost 4), M. (2), and S. (15 months). We live in a small farming town in Nebraska which is close to many friends and family. I have always been around farming and ranching so I sort of like our little town! I love spending time out with our two horses Mollie and Ruby - I could spend the better part of a day in the saddle. It's a hobby that has taken a backseat for awhile, but I am getting back to it. Also love to read, sew and garden. We spend many weekends at my parent's farm - they raise grassfed beef and are getting into sustainable farming (another interest of mine). I have sort of started the 'Green movement' in my family! I'm not a huge fan of hot/humid weather which has been around our whole summer, or clowns. My poor kids will never have a clown at a birthday party!

 

IBB: When did you start making cloth diapers? 
CPCD: I started when we began [cloth diapering] our oldest H. at 11 months old. We were a young poor married couple and really couldn't afford even the cheapest of diapers on the market. So I went to Walmart, got all the basic fabrics and supplies and began sewing. We started out with just fitteds and flannel prefolds. I then got PUL online and began expanding my horizons!

  

IBB: What is your favorite part about working as a cloth diaper WAHM? 
CPCD: This is a big toss up between custom diapers and testers. I love customs because I get to bring to 'life' someone's idea in their head, with my own flair to it! Testers are fun because I'm taking an idea that's only been in my head rattling around and letting others see it. I just did a large testing and it's been really rewarding to hear all the feedback.

  

IBB: What is your personal favorite fabric currently stocked at Itsy Bitsy Bums? 
CPCD: This would be the pink with black sparrows. It's funky but classy!

 

IBB: How did you come up with the Famous Pocket Fitted
CPCD: My son M. is a heavy wetter, so I needed something that would get him through the night. We were doing 3-4 changes a night! I loved bamboo fleece so I played around with a few prototypes before the FPF was born!

  

Now that you've gotten to know more about Megan, take a chance to explore her great creations. Itsy Bitsy Bums currently has a full stocking of both sized and one size Famous Pocket Fitteds!

In addition, Meg's Famous Pocket Fitteds are part of the Down Came the Rain Package Deal - a great way to try several new brands of diapers AND save some money - can't beat that! 


Interested in winning a free diaper? Thought so! Here's how -

  • Post a picture of your little one wearing your favorite Cow Patties Famous Pocket Fitted to the IBB Facebook page in this album
  • All entries must be posted by August 31st
  • Feel free to post as many photographs as you like 
  • I will select a winner, with the assistance of my shipping clerk and inspector, no later than September 2nd
  • Winner will be notified via his/her Facebook account as well as announced on Itsy Bitsy Bum's Facebook page
  • Any and all photographs you post must be your original artwork and, by posting, you agree I can use the winning photograph for my blog or website


No comments:

Post a Comment